Shipping & Delivery
Areas of Delivery
McDowells Jewellers currently deliver orders to the following countries (parcel size restrictions and internal local delays may apply): Andorra, Austria, Bahrain, Bermuda, Bosnia and Herzegovina, British Virgin Islands, Bulgaria, Canada, China, Croatia, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Falkland Islands, Faroe Islands, Finland, France, Germany, Gibraltar, Hungary, Iceland, Ireland, Isle of Man, Israel, Italy, Japan, Kuwait, Latvia, Lichtenstein, Lithuania, Luxemburg, Macedonia, Malta, Montenegro, Netherlands, New Zeland, Norway, Oman, Poland, Portugal, Qatar, Romania, San Marino, Saudi Arabia, Serbia, Singapore, Slovakia, South Africa, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Taiwan, United Arab Emirates, United States, Vatican City.
Unfortunately, we cannot ship to P.O. Boxes. Orders for recipients outside of the Republic of Ireland are subject to delays due to territorial / border control restrictions during some periods of the year. McDowells Jewellers have no control over these delays and would recommend customers check local information for restrictions to imports and deliveries.
Delivery Times & Fees
We endeavour to dispatch all orders within three working days. Complimentary shipping within Ireland is available on orders over €50 and international free shipping is available on orders of €100 or more, delivery fees will be added according to the area of delivery, as described below:
|Area||Order Amount||Delivery estimate time||Delivery Fee|
|Ireland||Under € 50||3-5 working Days||€ 7.50|
|United Kingdom||Under € 100||7 -10 working Days||€ 10.00|
|Europe||Under € 100||7-10 working Days||€ 16.00|
|Canada & USA||Under € 100||+14 working Days||€ 20.00|
|Rest of World||Under € 100||+14 working Days||€ 25.00|
Orders are processed Mon-Fri (excluding holidays). You will receive an email confirming that your order has been shipped along with the tracking link. In any case, we aim to deliver all orders within 30 days of sending the confirmation order. Engraving delivery times, please allow an additional 3 working days (in addition to the standard delivery and collection timeframe) for your engraved order to be completed.
Orders are shipped by registered post to the delivery address provided by you, as stated in the Order Confirmation. When you have ordered more than one item, we may make delivery in one or more instalments.
We recommend you inspect your package for damage or tampering before signing and accepting it. If there are any discrepancies between what you ordered and what you received, we kindly ask you to refuse to receive it
We aim to prepare and dispatch your order as soon as possible once it has been placed. Because of this we are unable to make any changes to the items ordered, shipping methods or shipping addresses once an order has been placed with us.
Click & Collect
If you want to collect your order in store you must provide an order confirmation e-mail and an. Official photo identification (ID card or passport). Please allow 2-4 working days for collection. Engraving delivery times, please allow an additional 3 working days (in addition to the standard delivery and collection timeframe) for your engraved order to be completed.
Taxes & Duties
Our orders are shipped from Ireland who is part of the European Union then:
Customers in the EU
- Customers with shipping addresses inside the EU will pay VAT at the point of purchase (this is included in all listed prices online).
- Customers with shipping addresses inside the EU will not be subject to import duties upon delivery of orders.
Customer outside the EU (Tax Free shopping)
- Customers with shipping addresses outside the EU will not pay VAT at the point of purchase online. All prices listed online are inclusive of VAT - this will automatically deduct at the checkout.
- Customers with shipping addresses outside of the EU may be liable for import taxes and duties. This is beyond McDowells Jewellers' control and duties vary from one country to the next. We suggest you contact your local customs office as they can better advise on potential charges that may be incurred. You will not be charged Tax when shopping online with us
We will use reasonable efforts to meet any delivery date, but it should be understood that they are estimates and we are not liable (in contract, negligence or otherwise) for any loss or damage resulting from them not being met. If our order is delayed or there are any discrepancies between what you ordered and what you received, we kindly ask you to contact us immediately via e-mail or phone. McDowells Jewellers undertakes to return any incorrect or non-compliant products in accordance with our exchange and returns policy and current legislation.
As a consumer, you have legal rights to any products that are not delivered within 30-day period after your order confirmation. We will not be responsible for any breach or delay of any of the obligations assumed by us under an order whose cause is due to events that are beyond our control (acts of God) in Ireland and/or elsewhere. The concept of act of God must include any act, event, failure to action, omission or accident that is beyond our control, including, among others, the following:
- General strike, or other forms of protest that significantly affect the country.
- Public order disturbances, revolt, invasion, terrorist attack, war (declared or not) or threat or preparation for war.
- Fire, explosion, storm, flood, earthquake, landslide, epidemic or any other natural disaster.
- Impossibility of using trains, boats, aircraft, motor transport or other means of transport, public or private.
- Inability to use public or private telecommunications systems.
- Officially recognized pandemic situations.
- Epidemics, pandemics or similar health situations
Our obligations arising from contracts will be considered to be suspended during the period in which the act of God reasons occur and we will benefit from an extension of the period to fulfil such obligations, for a period equal to the duration act of God reasons.